The CrossCheck API verifies a user's identity with the provided user information.
Crosscheck results provide you with more information about a user based on the submitted name, address, and/or email. Notable result data include:
confidences- Confidence score for an identity match
ageRange- A matching age range
gender- Calculated gender information
Decisioning logic involving Crosscheck and IDV is used to minimize user friction while assuring identity. Here are the steps:
- Perform Crosscheck verification with the user's information
- If Crosscheck
confidences.identitypass the required threshold, continue with the post verification process
- If Crosscheck fails or other criteria such as
genderdoes not match, move the user to IDV
The Dark Web feature is an added data source for Crosscheck. It is a very strong signal for malicious, identity-compromised, or criminal activity. It uses the person's email address to look up criminal activity on dark web sites and applications. Based on customer research, we expect dark web activity to be under 0.5% for most users. The data is displayed on the dashboard on the Crosscheck tab.
- Warning Signal: A warning signal is shown on the job if the criminal activity passes a certain threshold.
- Criminal Max Score: Dark web collections are scored from 1-5 in terms of severity. This feature provides the score of the top ranking dark web source associated with the email so you can immediately assess user risk.
- Criminal Last Seen: Last observed time email was observed to have been used in dark web collections.
- Criminal Count: Count of instances email was observed to have been used in dark web data collections.
Updated 6 months ago